Burger Battle Agreement
The Burger Battle will showcase a variety of unique, mouth-watering burgers from local restaurants with the winning restaurant receiving $500 cash and $500 towards their charity of choice! The battle will take place throughout the concourse at CHS Field.
Voting will be conducted digitally and using a QR code to access the voting portal. Each participant will have a sign on their table, and additional signage will be located across the concourse at CHS Field. Voting will be available from door open to 5 pm on Saturday, June 3 and door open until 4 pm on Sunday, June 4. The winner will be announced at 4:45 pm on Sunday, June 4 at Grillfest where pictures will be taken and the winner presented with a trophy. Additionally, the winner will receive post-event recognition via social media and newsletter marketing as well as in the Grillfest recap.
- Up to 8 Restaurants
- Participants will be located throughout the experience at CHS Field. 10’ x 10’ tents will be provided to each participant as well as a grill and fuel.
- The Burger Battle and voting will occur from door open to 5 pm on Saturday, June 3 and door open until 4 pm on Sunday, June 4.
- Voting will be conducted digitally and using a QR code to access the voting portal. Each participant will have a sign on their table, and additional signage will be located across the concourse at CHS Field.
Rules and Regulations:
- Participants must follow the exhibitor and/or sponsors rules as agreed to upon commitment to Grillfest.
- Final preparation of the burger sample must occur on site.
- Participants are responsible for providing all ingredients.
- All ingredients including the percentage of meat types must be displayed and available to attendees.
- Manipulation of voting will be cause for immediate elimination of the contest.
- The winner will be calculated based on taste and presentation.
GrillFest to Provide (Items are required to be used.):
- Special Event Food Permit (REQUIRED)
- Garbage containers;
- Hand washing stations;
- Grill and fule;
- Signage for participating restaurants to announce their inclusion in the battle;
Participants to Provide:
- All tools to create their sample;
- Napkins, paper boats, etc. to provide samples to attendees;
- Additional promotional items;
- Participants required to supply a sample for up to 4,000 attendees.
- Voting will close at 4 pm on Sunday, June 4.
- A GrillFest team member will meet the celebrity judges at the voting table at 4 pm. The celebrity judges and A GrillFest team member will proceed to the Minnesota Monthly show office where the judges will present their selection of the contest winner. NOTE: Each judge may select their own winner and will be judging burgers only.
- The winner will be announced at 4:45 pm on Sunday, June 4 and presented with a trophy.
- A photographer will be present to take photos of the winner. Your photo will be included in the July/August issue of Minnesota Monthly with the official event recap and recognition in social media and e-newsletter.